Head Finance (m/f)
Head Finance (m/f)
Join us to find new ways to improve and extend people’s lives! As part of the global Novartis Group our sites in Kundl, Schaftenau, Unterach and Vienna are specialized in development, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
Area of Responsibility
• Serves as a business challenger and consultant to Site Management
• Identifies financial opportunities to improve company’s profitability by actively managing interaction with other Functions (i.e. Purchasing Engineering, HR, Quality …)
• Has primary responsibility to develop short and long-term financial plans
Span of responsibility: period costs of 120m USD, capital expenditure: 50 – 80m USD, Staff: 600 FTEs
• Value based performance management for a cluster of 4 production units
• Provides expert financial and business counsel on key topics, resource allocation, investment decisions
• Ensures accuracy and compliance of Financial Results and Reports
• Responsible for leading a team of 4 – 5 people
Education: University degree in Economics, Business and/or Science
Languages: German and English fluent
Experience: min. 6 years of experience in financial management or controlling in a multinational environment (pharmaceutical industry preferred); production site experience is essential; good financial knowledge of business case development and accounting (IFRS)
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 65,079.56 per year on a full time basis).
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks. Join us and help reimagine medicine.