ESO Senior Technical Manager (Biotechnology) (m/f)
Join us to find new ways to improve and extend people’s lives! As part of the global Novartis Group our sites in Kundl, Schaftenau, Unterach and Vienna are specialized in development, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
Area of Responsibility
• Represent the technical Interface to external supplier to ensure robust product process capability
• Participate in supplier- and product evaluation and selection process
• Responsible for validation oversight at the external supplier
• Ensure successful and well-documented transfers and launches of products with external manufacturing involvement
• Perform Product/Technical Stewardship for defined key molecules
• Assess impact of technical changes, technical feasibility and scope / design of technical batches
• Lead or support root cause investigation of product and process failures
• Represent the interface to Novartis internal Development and ensure that new products and processes are well developed for commercial scale and entire product life cycle
• Contribute to the registration strategy and ensure alignment of (regulatory) timelines
Education: University Degree in Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Chemistry or equivalent
Languages: fluent in English, intermediate command of German beneficial
Experience: minimum of 6 years in pharmaceutical manufacturing, solid understanding of biotechnology. Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in a global/matrix environment, strong project management experience and problem solving skills, technical expertise in manufacturing process science and drug development.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 68,549,04 per year).
Contact: Andrew Pride - Senior TAS BP Novartis Austria
6250 Kundl, Austria
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks. Join us and help reimagine medicine.