Risk Regulatory Expert (m/f)
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Risk Regulatory Expert (m/f)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The unit is operatively responsible for all regulatory topics with focus on credit, market, liquidity and operational risk as well as questions related to IRRBB topics. One of the major tasks of the unit is the regular communication with the European Central Bank (ECB) in regard to model changes and applications related to the IRB, AMA and IMM models, which includes the preparation of the application packages in compliance with the legal requirements and support and coordination of the respective on-site inspections by ECB.
- Contact person for regulatory topics related to internal models (e.g. approval processes, inquiries, on-site-inspections, etc.) on national, international and cross-border level and representation of the Group towards external stakeholders (e.g. ECB, FMA, OeNB)
- Participate in internal projects related to changes in the internal models and processes (area of credit, market, operational and/or liquidity risk) and provide support on regulatory content topics
- Coordinate and make submission of notifications and applications of material and immaterial changes in the internal risk models risk to the supervisory authority on behalf of the whole Group
- Prepare and make submission of changes to the IRB or AMA Group roll-out plan (e.g. TPU / PPU applications)
- Ensure the set-up of high-quality remedial action plans addressing regulatory findings identified during on-site inspections by working closely together with the relevant business units. Submission of the action plans to the regulator
- Cooperate with the Risk Compliance function related to monitoring and closing of gaps/findings
- Regulatory support for internal and external reporting through close cooperation with the respective reporting teams (e.g. RWA calculation topics)
- Support and consultation on specific Basel II & III relevant topics by preparation of legal statements/ written opinions / analysis on the relevant current and upcoming regulatory standards (e.g. CRR, CRD, EBA RTS and Guidelines, ECB regulations, etc)
- Master degree in economics and/or law studies
- Strong experience in the financial sector, preferably in risk management area
- Ideally already experienced in Basel II (and III) related compliance issues (BWG, CRR, CRD, EBA guidelines,…)
- Very good communication and analytical skills and the ability to prioritize
- Pro-active and problem solving approach, willingness to take responsibility
- Capability to perform in short terms
- Fluent in German and English
- A positively challenging and multifaceted workplace in a professional team
- Independent work with a high-level of responsibility on an international scope with partners in Erste Group
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 36.926,-- gross per year
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna