Project Management Office
Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees in Administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria’s scientists in performing excellent research.
Project Management Office
FULL TIME (40h)
This exciting position in the unit Executive Affairs will allow you to independently work with project teams in different areas, further developing our project management structures. The role plays an integral part in helping the Institute to achieve its goals by leading selected projects and by providing smart PM tools, standards, and coaching. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Planning and leading projects within the administration at IST Austria
- Optimization, further development, and implementation of project management rules and standards
- Coaching of IST employees in project management methods
- Development of hands-on project management tools
- Active collaboration with IST departments when delivering projects and guidance and assistance in the execution of projects
- Set up of IT tools for project management in the future
- Several years of professional experience in project management and/or as PMO
- University degree (business administration or equivalent)
- Relevant certifications are an advantage e.g. IPMA
- Experience in facilitation and moderation of workshops
- IT affinity and experience with relevant IT tools
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- Goal- and service-oriented mindset
- High degree of commitment and proactivity
- Hands-on mentality
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times
and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt,
travel time: about 22 min.) and free parking places
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 3,100 gross/month (excl. overtime), with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.