Master thesis: Electro-thermal validation of connectors/busbars by means of experiments and 3D-CFD
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Electro-thermal validation of connectors/busbars by means of experiments and 3D-CFD numerical simulation
The heat generation over electrical connectors or busbars plays a decisive role in the dimensioning of automotive HV battery packs and its components. The scope of this thesis is to experimentally assess different connectors geometries, materials and binding methods, in order then to build up 3D CFD numerical models that can predict the thermal behavior.Task:
- Literature study on electrical and thermal contact properties
- Literature study on existing models and physical influences
- Development of suitable tests
- Implementation and supervision of required tests
- 3D CFD-CHT (Conjugate Heat Transfer) simulation
- Comparison of measured and calculated data
- Technical and natural science studies
- Technical understanding
- Basic knowledge of simulations and models
- Basic knowledge in electrical sciences
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.