Master thesis: Oil injection cooling E-Motor
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Oil injection cooling E-Motor
The permanent increase of thermal load on an electric motor require intensified cooling condition such as oil spray cooling on the stator coils.
The goal of this thesis is a comparison of 2 oil jet cooling concepts
- series of radial stationary nozzles arranged in the stator housing
- radial jets implemented in the rotor
Each of this concepts have to be varied with simple parameters (number, dimension and arrangement of oil nozzles).
Criteria for comparison to be derived detailed based on temperature distribution and ventilation losses.
- Literature study of existing models and the influence of physical mechanisms
- CFD simulation
- Post processing of oil distribution, temperature field and venting losses
- Data-driven modeling
- Technical and natural science studies
- Technical understanding
- Basic knowledge of fluid flow, data processing, simulations and modeling
- Programming skills (python, unix)
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.