Master thesis: E-Motor 3D-CHT simulation
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines.
We offer a master thesis:
E-Motor 3D-CHT simulation
The thermal load on an electric motor in transient operation depends on a variety of factors, such as operating cycle and changing electro-magnetic conditions, temperature depending contact condition among assembled parts and orthotropic material properties.
The goal of this thesis is the derivation of criteria to defined adequate segment models which are representative to allow optimization of the temperature distribution within the e-motor and housing and performance for specific cylces.
- Literature study on electrical and thermal contact properties
- Comparison of operation cycles and test procedures
- Modeling of full model and various segment models
- CFD simulations
- Comparison of calculation results and sensitivities
- Technical and natural science studies
- Technical understanding
- Basic knowledge of simulations and modeling
- Programming skills (python, unix)
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.