Master thesis: Optimization of EE components passive cooling by means of 3D CFD-CHT analysis
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Optimization of EE components passive cooling (with focus on inverter) by means of 3D CFD-CHT analysis
The goal of this thesis is the numerical analysis and optimization of cooling concepts for electrical components used in hybrid and electric vehicles with focus on inverter.Task:
- Literature study on existing cooling concepts for electrical components (focus on inverter)
- Selection of one EE component with available measurement data (literature or AVL-intern)
- Preparation of different cooling concepts (active and passive)
- Modeling and CHT (Conjugate Heat Transfer) mesh generation
- 3D CFD simulation for steady and transient load cycles
- Comparison of measured and calculated data
- Rating of cooling improvement
- Technical or natural science studies
- Technical understanding
- Basic knowledge in electro-technical sciences
- Basic knowledge of simulations and models
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.