Science Writer (f/m)
Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the Administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Science Writer (f/m)
FULL TIME (40h)
Communication of scientific topics to the non-scientific public is a core task of IST Austria's administrative division Communications & Events. As part of the Communications team you will create contents related to scientific projects and research at IST Austria. You will be responsible for different publication and internal communication formats. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Interact with scientists on campus to create contents translating their scientific projects, publications, results, and research to language easily understandable for the broad public
- Produce contents for various purposes such as reports, websites, events, social media, magazine articles, brochures for diverse target audiences, press releases etc.
- Manage the complete production process of PR publications, e.g. the annual report
- Proofread various texts
- Edit and produce contents for internal communication measures
- University degree in natural sciences, mathematics or computer science
- Work experience in science communication, as scientific journalist or science writer
- Strong interest in science and new developments of science communication
- Excellent written communication skills in English are a must, solid German skills are advantageous
- Ability to understand complex scientific information, theories and practices and to translate science in a clear and accurate language for non-scientific, diverse target audiences
- Strong service orientation and team player
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt,
travel time: about 22 min.) and free parking places
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,600 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.