Senior Corporate Communications Expert (m/f)
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Senior Corporate Communications Expert (m/f)
Erste Group Bank AG is the corporate headquarter for a group of leading banks in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), enjoying continued growth and stability in one of the most interesting and promising regions in Europe. We provide strategic leadership, central business functions and group-wide infrastructure, supported by bright and talented people sharing a common strategy.
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Communications Expert for Group External Communications. The department is responsible for corporate and financial PR, as well as looking after Erste Group’s reputation in its home markets across CEE as well as internationally.
Group External Communications is part of Brand Management and Company Transformation department, which reports directly to the CEO of Erste Group.
- You are a talented communications professional with 5-10 years of experience in an international, fast-paced environment and proven influencing skills with the ability to work at all levels, including C-level executives
- Excellent track record in contributing to multi-faced communications campaigns and storytelling across digital, print, social and broadcast media channels
- Strategic thinking and practical implementation skills
- Clear financial communications expertise is a major asset you possess
- This is a complex role, best suited for a professional who is creative, loves to take initiatives and work autonomously, and has perseverance
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is a must; German or CEE languages would be an asset
- Sound understanding of the CEE region and its importance for Erste Group as an investor in the region
- As a member of the Group External Communications team, you will also need to be a fast & hungry learner
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate external communication strategy in line with Erste Group’s purpose
- Support both proactive and reactive PR campaigns integrated across multiple channels and identify opportunities to drive forward the Erste Group’s brand and reputation with key stakeholders
- Create compelling and innovative content on an as-needed basis, e.g. briefings, media pitches, press releases, articles, presentations, social media, etc.
- With a strong stakeholder relations element, you’ll be engaging with a variety of audiences including national and international press, external stakeholders and partner organizations
- You have & maintain a dense network of contacts among journalists and opinions leaders in Austria and CEE
- Ensure top-quality media management including: cultivating a network of media contacts; pro-actively pitching stories and interviews; handling a broad range of media enquiries; designing and managing press events
- Identify opportunities and risks from political, social and business trends and developments and make proposals about the PR measures, resources and timing of deployment
- As part of the group external communications team, you will be involved in wider communication activities planning for the CEE subsidiaries
- Develop new formats for communications that are intuitive and easy to understand, with a strong focus on digital
- Manage reputation by building the desired Erste Group profile as well as by pro-actively addressing and containing issues and crisis topics
- High visibility job in a dynamic regional business surrounding
- Operate in the most innovative, open working space in Austria at Erste Campus
- Support your professional growth within a team led by a manager who is committed to developing her team’s skill-set and knowledge
- Offer trust-based working relationships
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 36.926,-- gross per year
- We foster a work environment in where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna