Application Administrator (m/f)
Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
The role is responsible for ensuring that Global solutions related applications, services and procedures are well supported and properly executed. This includes enterprise application user support, application configuration (2nd Level), master data management, access management, QA and testing processes and continuous improvement. The Application Administrator is focused on 1st and 2nd level technical incidents and is working closely with the IT administration areas e.g. 3rd level administration, infrastructure and B2B. In addition the Application Administrator will act as a coordination role within the region and supports the global lead with regional coordination, as a regional escalation point, for finance processes, training purposes and other coordinative tasks.
- Administering, support and maintenance of business applications which are operated by Global Solutions application support, e.g. Windows and WEB applications (like Sharepoint and .NET applications), Storage, Time tracking, Internet applications etc.
- User support: 1st and 2nd level Support, troubleshooting and reporting
- Interface to 3rd level support for issue and problem management
- Support functional department with user training
- Monitoring of applications
- Continuous improvements for application support processes
- Project member for new applications (Go Live preparations and after Go Live support)
- Administration of master data (Company Hierarchy, Access management, contracts)
- Supporting, troubleshooting and administering of Sharepoint relevant issues
- Backup and Restore
- Support for application testing
- Delivers feedback to Design and Architecture & PM/PA
Knowledge and Education
Completion of HTL, FH, community college or degree from recognized IT program or equivalent work experience.
School resp. college graduates up to intermediates (less than 5 years of work related experience).
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge in the field of administration of WEB applications and databases (MSSQL)
- Administration of Windows OS, IIS knowledge
- Profound MS Office knowledge
- Basic knowledge in the field of programming of WEB applications
- Good understanding of process operations
- Independent and responsible work style
- A passion and vision for technology
- High level of commitment and flexibility
- Team orientation and high willingness to learn
- Affinity for IT and good technical understanding
- Confident manner
- Profound English communication skills
- Able to communicate in (German, Mandarin, and Spanish) are an asset
- Sharepoint (2007, 2010 and/or 2013) knowledge is an advantage
- Qlikview knowledge is an advantage
- Experience with .NET Applications is an advantage
- MSSQL 2010, 2014 and/or 2016 experience is an advantage
For dedicated and motivated employees we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 32.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.