Software Developer (f/m)
Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria’s scientists in performing excellent research.
Software Developer (f/m)
FULL TIME (40h)
Providing tailor made applications for our institute is the main responsibility of our software development team. Together with your colleagues, you will develop and hold responsibility for applications mainly based on open source web environments. In the process of developing new applications, it is crucial to understand the needs of our users and to provide them with the best possible solutions. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Developing, modifying and testing of applications, based on open source frameworks
- Developing technical specifications from functional specifications
- Maintaining of the Linux based deployment infrastructure together with our System Administrators
- Participating in the development of software documentation and training
- Technical education in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- Having work experience in a related field is beneficial
- Experience using OO methodologies for designing software solutions in at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Perl or Java
- Profound knowledge on web standards (HTTP, REST, HTML5, CSS)
- Experience using database technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
- Some experience with agile software development
- High degree of service orientation and motivated team player
- Open minded and reliable character, focused and self-dependent personality
- Eagerness to learn about upcoming technologies
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (corporate language)
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 40,000 gross/year, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.