BI Developer/Analyst (m/f)
Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/Analyst will be responsible for interpreting the business needs of stakeholders and for documenting and developing the reporting analytics that meet those needs. This includes the design, development, maintenance, integration and reporting of business systems through cubes, ad-hoc reports, and dashboards. The Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst will work closely and effectively with internal stakeholders and business analysts to provide support and expertise in data management, reporting and infrastructure support.
- Work with the business to define report requirements and translate those requirements into reporting deliverables
- Design complex business intelligence and analytic solutions based on functional requirements
- Translate data results into written reports, tables, graphs and charts
- Ensure the availability and performance of the solutions and reports
- Participate in and lead functional and technical specification reviews
- Research technical solutions to business problems
- Develop/train on company standards and procedures when creating reports
- Provide training and technical assistance to other team members and users for generation of various types of reporting
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of University degree or equivalent working experience
- 3 to 5 years of work related experience
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in developing reporting or dashboard solutions with BI tools (
- Experience in creating data models (SSAS Tabular Model preferred)
- Proficiency in ETL and Data Warehouse concepts
- Strong SQL and scripting skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSRS, Power Pivot, Power View, PowerBI)
- Experience with big data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.) would be nice to have
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical skills (quick comprehension, abstract thinking, recognize relationships)
- Ability to be a strong team member, and communicate effectively
- Capability to prioritize and multi-task, and reasonably estimate work effort for tasks
Excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
German language skills are an advantage
For dedicated and motivated employees we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
Regular overnight travel 10-25% of the time
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 45.000-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.