Data Architect (m/f)
Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
The Data Architect role will focus on defining, developing and promoting an Enterprise Data Platform which will serve managed end-to-end BI solutions, managed data sets for self service BI, data brokerage / data bus (ESB) as well as advanced analytics on a data lake. Data governance, data curation, data quality management, meta & master data management aspects are also in scope of regular data projects.
- Creation of an Enterprise Data Architecture
- Definition of standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables
- Collaboration with the business, its applications, solutions, and with technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and to maximize the value of information across the organization
- Work with the Database Administration/Architecture and Data Analytics teams to help set the enterprise data strategy and standards
- The creation and implementation of processes to collect and maintain inventory of Data assets across the enterprise
- Drive standardization and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets.
- Define enterprise architectures for Data Warehouse, Master Data/Reference Data, integration for data and transaction processing
- Build the enterprise conceptual and logical data models for analytics, operational and data mart structures in accordance to industry best practices model(s)
- Assist in maintaining the assessment and inventory of the existing enterprise-level data environment
- Design and develop a strategy for Data archiving
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of University Degree recommended
- 5 to 7 years of work related experience
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in designing and leading the conceptual, logical and physical design for BI & Analytics Solutions
- Experience in driving Meta Data Architecture and Master Data Management Solutions
- Experience in performing analysis and design for Data Management and Data Driven projects
- Demonstrate an excellent in depth understanding of Microsoft BI stack
(SSAS, SSRS, Power Pivot, Power View, PowerBI)
- Experience with Big Data/Hadoop/NoSQL
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools, data profiling analysis and transformation
- Demonstrate strong experience in Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling and data integration
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems and performance tuning
- Strong Business and Data Analysis skills
- Strong leadership and influence skills across Business and Technology organizations
- Positive and constructive minded, 'can do' attitude
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Solid German communication skills are an advantage
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
10-25% regular overnight travel.
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 55.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.