Master thesis: Electro-Chemical Modelling of Lithium-Ion Batteries for Automotive Application
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Electro-Chemical Modelling of Lithium-Ion Batteries for Automotive ApplicationTask:
- Literature study of electro-chemical modeling approaches for lithium-ion batteries
- Electro-chemical simulation of a lithium-ion battery with existing simulation software
- Systematic analysis of input and output in the sense of design of experiment DOE
- Development of a simulation path to cover effects such as “cell breathing” (charge dependent cell expansion) or “cell swelling” (aging dependent cell expansion)
- Technical and natural science studies (Technical Physics/Chemistry, Material Sciences, etc.)
- Technical understanding
- Basic knowledge of simulations and modeling
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.