Head of Engineering (m/w) Product Development Control & Safety Systems
In order to strengthen the management team at the office in Vienna we are looking for a
Your main duties:
- Structure and manage an international product engineering team of about 25 people
- Successfully deliver a program of product engineering projects in time and committed estimated budget
- Skill, competence and resource management to align an internationally distributed team
- Manage the technical planning of the products from innovation to maintenance in coordination with product management
- Responsibility to plan multi-year budgets and resource needs
- Make sure the solutions are delivered within the respective safety, security and quality processes
- Manage constant improvement e.g. in processes, efficiency, performance, risk management and promote flexibility to peer engineering departments
- Technical education at a university level
- Substantial knowledge of software engineering and project management principles and practices. Experience in an industrial sector like railways, automotive, telecom or process control as well as knowledge of safety critical systems are considered beneficial.
- Thorough knowledge of management principles and practice, and an ability to promote open communication, innovation, and performance.
- Experience of software development for complex systems or embedded devices, covering the full life cycle. Agile development (SCRUM) experience, as well as management of international distributed teams is considered beneficial.
- Very good command of English language, good German knowledge is an asset
- Ideally 10 years experience in software engineering domain including management experience.
If you are interested in this challenging position we are looking forward to receiving your application in reference to ad no. 71.106 preferably by our ISG career portal or by eMail.
Visit career.isg.com - here you can find interesting job offers every day!