Master thesis: Automotive Security – Security of wireless interfaces of connected vehicles
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Automotive Security – Security of wireless interfaces of connected vehicles
Connected vehicles are the driving force of many mobility innovations for improved efficiency, comfort and safety. As vehicles become more and more connected, the connectivity also poses significant cyber security challenges. Common wireless links of a connected vehicle include cellular, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth communication. These communication interfaces become the entry point of a cyberattack.Task:
- Identify vulnerabilities and threat modeling of vehicle wireless interfaces
- Build connections to vehicle wireless interfaces using software define radio and wireless card in a lab environment
- Security analysis of wireless communication stacks of telematics and head unit
- Proof-of-concept implementation and demonstration
- Informatik/Computer science
- Experiences in embedded systems, wireless security, cryptography
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Strong programming skill in Python, C
- Knowledge in automotive security a plus
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.