Master thesis: Automotive Security – Security analysis of automotive OBD interface
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Automotive Security – Security analysis of automotive OBD interface
Modern vehicles are equipped with a standard on-board diagnostics (OBD) interface that communicates with the vehicle's internal network for diagnostic purposes. As it provides a convenient access to the in-vehicle network, OBD interface has become the choice for many after-market connectivity solutions. At the same time, researchers have identified the security issues of OBD interface in recent years.Task:
- Identify vulnerabilities and threat modeling the OBD interface
- Develop a method for systematic security assessment
- Implement tools for security assessment of OBD interface
- Proof-of-concept demonstration
- Develop a concept for securing the OBD interface
- Informatik/Computer science
- Experiences in embedded systems, IT security, cryptography
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Strong programming skill in Python, C
- Knowledge in automotive E/E system a plus
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.