Master thesis: Automotive Security – Security of automotive Electronic Control Unit
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Automotive Security – Security of automotive Electronic Control Unit
Electronic Control Units (ECUs) are computers that are responsible for controlling all aspect of the function and safety of a vehicle. ECUs run embedded software. Typically, the software is developed according to the open AUTOSAR standard. Due to their criticality in controlling a vehicle's physical behavior, they become the ultimate target of cyberattacks.Task:
- Security analysis of the strength of SecOC for integrity and authentication and UDS SecurityAccess function
- Implement tools to assess the effectiveness of ECU security mechanisms
- Develop new concept that will enhance the security level of current ECUs
- Informatik/Computer science
- Experiences in embedded systems, cryptography, IT security
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Strong programming skill in Python, C
- Knowledge in automotive embedded systems a plus
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.