Junior Researcher (m/f) in Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition
The University of Applied Sciences in St. Poelten, Austria is both locally positioned and globally oriented with a focus on offering best facilities for quality education in the fields of Media, Informatics, Traffic, Health and Social Sciences. The interdisciplinary environment enables novel collaboration at the interface between teaching and research, facilitating solutions for both the economy and society. About 3,000 students are receiving a practice-oriented academic education in 22 undergraduate and postgraduate courses and numerous opportunities to obtain further training.
This position is vacant in the research group Media Computing.
Junior Researcher (m/f)
in Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition
(40 h/week)Your responsibilities
- Support research in innovative research projects on computer vision, pattern recognition and machine learning (e.g. in image classification and segmentation, 3D surface classification)
- Development of methods for pattern analysis and classification with a focus on deep learning
- Support the writing of scientific publications and presentations
- Explicitly encouraged: writing of a dissertation/PhD within the area of content-based image analysis
- Support writing of scientific research project proposals
- Opportunity to support teaching
- University degree (Mag./Master) in Computer Science (or comparable technical study)
- Comprehensive knowledge in machine learning, computer vision, pattern recognition and statistics
- Excellent knowledge of Matlab and/or Python
- First experience in deep learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, Torch is an advantage
- Knowledge of Java and/or C/C++, and Linux is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (ability to write scientific texts in English)
- Willingness to learn or improve the German language (for non-natives)
- Self-contained and independent working style
- Enthusiasm for research and constant curiosity for new developments
- Experience in scientific working and publishing
You can expect a long-term employment in the dynamic environment of an ambitious and achievement-oriented University of Applied Sciences. We offer attractive career opportunities and work conditions (e.g. home office, flexible working hours, office close to Vienna). Support in pursuing a PhD and working in a team of highly motivated and experienced experts. The opportunity to shape novel solutions and innovations with your knowledge and exciting tasks and steep learning curves on basic and applied research, support for further training.
The minimum gross salary for this position is € 35,700 per year based on 40h/week. Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible. We attach great importance to diversity and equal opportunities. Women are explicitly encouraged to apply. This position is suitable for qualified persons with disabilities.
You may apply online (application form in German) or send your application to: email@example.com