Master thesis: Privacy protection of vehicle data
AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Privacy protection of vehicle data
The biggest concern of connected vehicle is data security and privacy. In the age of connected cars, users require a full control of their private data sent and shared with other organizations or individuals. GDPR and other privacy regulations make this privacy aspect mandatory.Task:
- To develop a concept and proof-of-concept implementation for the secure and privacy-aware transmission and sharing of vehicle data from an in-vehicle gateway to the backend cloud service
- To identify and address privacy risks in the system design concept
- To develop a user interface (a cloud-based service or/and a mobile app) which allows a user to flexible configure his/her privacy preferences and profiles
- To include data security measures for resilience against cyber attacks
- Informatik/Computer science
- Experiences in information security
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Programming skills in Java and Python
- Experiences in applied cryptography and automotive E/E systems a plus
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.