Regional Compliance Officer Central & Eastern Europe (m/f)
This position is for Magna International Europe GbmH.
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
Serve as the regional lead for Magna's Ethics and Legal Compliance Program in Central & Eastern Europe by providing compliance training and guidance to the executive team, managers and employees in Central & Eastern Europe and work closely with the Global Ethics and Legal Compliance team.
- Visit every Division in the region and serve regional Groups and Divisions as the regional go-to-person for support and guidance
- Coordinate between the Compliance Officers at the Groups and the Divisions in the region to ensure the effective implementation of the compliance program
- Develop regional initiatives to address new regulatory developments in the region or specific regional risks
- Lead at least one global project in the Ethics & Legal Compliance program a year
- Establish a Regional Compliance Roundtable to foster best practice sharing between the Groups in the region
- Deliver in-person compliance training for employees in the region as mandated by the compliance training program.
- Provide support to the Purchasing Department on compliance due diligence for suppliers and third parties in the region.
- Review and supervise the translation from English into your native language of compliance training resources, corporate policies and procedures and other informational materials and see that such materials are available and comprehensible to employees in your native language
- Upon Group's request, provide support to Regional Compliance Committees.
- Monitor new developments in Central & Eastern Europe such as new acquisitions and joint ventures and changes at the Divisions that could impact the level of compliance risk. Perform risk analyses and communicate those to respective Groups and Regional Compliance Committees.
- Frequent travel within Central & Eastern Europe required
Knowledge and Education
- University or college degree in law, accounting, human resources, communication or other relevant fields
- Law license or CPA designation is an asset but not required
- Fluency in spoken and written Czech or Slovak and English. Good knowledge of German is an asset
- 5+ years of practical experience in a corporate environment, preferably a multinational company
- Train the Trainer certification or other corporate training experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other project management software
Skills and Competencies
- Pragmatic, self-starter with strong analytical skills to identify core issues. Strong problem-solving ability to come up with practical solutions that comply with law and work for the business
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to tailor your message to your target audience and communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively
- Ability to build solid relationships and to influence across a diverse group of business people with a wide array of professional backgrounds, including executive management
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines
- Unquestionable ethics and excellent judgment, ability to maintain confidentiality and act in a critical position of trust within the company
- The ability and desire to work independently with limited direct supervision
For dedicated and motivated employees we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 70.000.--. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.
If you are interested in this position please send us your qualified online-application via www.magnacareers.com !
The future is ours to make. Be part of it.