Manager, Data & Analytics (m/f)
Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
The Manager, Data & Analytics is managing a globally distributed team of internal experts, consultants and vendors with the core mission to derive insights from data helping Magna to generate competitive advantages and improve the operational & financial performance. Working closely with the business and partners to enable advanced analytics and business intelligence scenarios by applying the right technology in order to transform the potential of data into real, tangible business value.
As an integral member of our team, the Manager, Data & Analytics is responsible for leading the design, development, implementation, and support of critical enterprise BI & analytic solutions and its underlying data architecture (DWH, ETL, MDM integration, etc.), covering the project conception, design specifications, scheduling and estimating of resources as well as provide technical guidance to other internal and external teams during the implementation.
- Provide the required technology and methodology to enable end-to-end BI and analytic scenarios covering data extraction, integration, warehousing, modelling and visualization / reporting.
- Establish an architecture which allows BigData and IoT scenarios, scales with business demand and enables Magna to take advantage of Machine Learning and AI.
- Provide a Master Data Service and the required integration framework (APIs & ETL) to enable consistent use of master data in business application and BI and analytic solutions.
- Form and drive a CoE / Community for BI & analytics in collaboration with various stakeholders in the different lines of business.
- Support research and make recommendations on data focused products and services, participate in feasible studies / PoCs and give advice based on findings.
- Manage team for 2nd & 3rd Level support for BI and data analytics solutions.
- Govern and oversee 3rd party development activities.
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of University Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of work related experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Significant experience in ETL, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing.
- Working knowledge with Cloudera / Hadoop Stack (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, Python, Scala) and strong understanding of big data concepts and architectures.
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft Technology Stack: SQL, SSAS & tabular mode cubes, SSRS, SSIS, Excel Power Pivot, Power Query).
- Ability to translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required ETL processes, data architecture as well as user-friendly environments, reports and dashboards.
- Familiar with Data Visualization tools (Power BI, Qlik, etc.), standard methodologies and data story telling.
- Data mining and data analysis skills with the ability to clearly present complex information in a simple manner as well as domain knowhow in different lines of business (finance, logistic, etc.).
- Understanding of Master Data Management concepts and its various aspects like data accuracy, completeness, consistency, integrity, timeliness, conformity, etc.
- Team management experience, demonstrated success in planning and managing team priorities and activities, robust prioritization and time management skills.
- Experience managing and interacting with multiple vendors.
- Strong English communication skills are mandatory.
- Solid German communication skills are a major plus.
Magna Global IT operates large scale BI and Analytics solutions for several lines of business. In addition, self-service BI capabilities are offered based on various data sources across the organization including a Global IT operated Cloudera based data platform (EDWH). Magna is strongly working with third party resources. This requires efficient vendor management.
10-25% regular overnight travel
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 55.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.