Public Engagement Specialist (m/f)
U.S. EMBASSY VIENNA
The American Embassy in Vienna is currently recruiting for a
Public Engagement Specialist
The Public Engagement Specialist works in the Public Affairs Office and is supervised by the Public Affairs Officer. The incumbent is the Locally Employed Staff strategist and advisor responsible for the U.S. Mission to the International Organizations in Vienna's (UNVIE) Public Diplomacy (PD) virtual and traditional engagement with Established Opinion Leaders (EOL) and Press and Media (PM) experts and institutions influential globally on issues of nonproliferation, nuclear safety, illicit trafficking, anti-corruption, space and rule of law.
The incumbent recommends and designs Public Diplomacy strategies to engage and inform these audience groups, and ultimately to advance their understanding of, and support for U.S. positions. The incumbent is responsible for using the most innovative means effective to reach post objectives: coordinates, develops year-long editorial strategies to deliver traditional and virtual content; identifies effective content formats and delivery channels; builds and maintains post flagship digital properties; and customizes content to best reach each audience group. The incumbent implements a broad range of activities to develop and maintain sustained contact with key individuals and with alumni of PD activities, initiatives and exchange programs. Occasional travel is required.Qualifications:
- University degree in international relations, political science, economics, marketing, communications or journalism or local equivalent
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural, multinational, academic or governmental work environment, with communications, project management, audience/market analysis, and managing social media accounts as significant parts of the job
- Management skills are required to manage projects such as marketing, information, or advocacy campaigns, including associated project budgets, schedules, and daily operations to produce, adapt, and disseminate time-sensitive content
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of various computer software programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, graphic design and photo editing software
- Fluency in English and German
56,786 EUR annual salary, plus the additional bonus payments (13th and 14th month payment)How to apply:
Please send your electronic application according to the instructions found in the Public Engagement Specialist vacancy announcement on our website by July 26, 2018: https://at.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs.
Applicants must have and submit the required work and/or residency permits for Austria to be eligible for consideration.
Locally Employed Staff may be hired on a developmental level (i.e. grade FSN-9).