Ariba Presales (Senior) Specialist for Procurement - Austria/CEE
Ariba Presales (Senior) Specialist for Procurement - Austria/CEE
Requisition ID: 185497
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 80%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: Professional
Recruiter Name: Martina Karasova
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Presales (Senior) Specialist possesses advanced/expert level knowledge of SAP, E-procurement and procurement partner software solutions and participates in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy.
A Presales (Senior) Specialist interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The Primary role during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that SAP procurement solution can solve the customer's challenges and is the right choice over the other competitive offerings. In addition to deal support, he/she will collaborate with other sales teams to plan and execute business development strategies through the use of Design Thinking tools and techniques.EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS Deal support
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences that can include senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer in order to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Translate complex business scenarios into answers for our customers.
- Support RFx completion in support of customer proposals.
- Ability to effectively present to customers "remotely" using virtual technologies (SAP Virtual Studio, conference tools, etc.).
- Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ability to act as a "leading solution captain" in case deals require complex solutions and multiple presales contributors to support a successful customer presentation or demo.
- Effectively leverage support teams who support presales success. (Global / Regional Solution Specialists, CoE, IVE, Solution HuBs, Deal Advisors, Solution Experience, Product Management).
- Support one-to-many sales and marketing events both on-site and remotely.
- Support Design Thinking workshops to promote new and innovative solutions for customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts.
- Develop close relationships with sales teams in order to promote effective sales methodologies.
- Participate in demo system design and planning and assist in configuration if needed. Participate in new product release input and testing and training of peers.
- Serve as a champion for or participate as a leader in Solution Hubs and provide knowledge transfer to colleagues as needed.
- Help develop the procurement presales organization following global guidance.
- Maintain a high-level knowledge of SAP's procurement solution suite in the specialization area of responsibility.
- Understand the key competitors and insure local presales team members understand and leverage SAP's unique value wedges in every Customer interaction.
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master / MBA / Ph.D.: optional
- Fluent German and English language skills (any additional CEE language optional)
- Experience as solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job e-procurement, spend management, P2P software and/or consulting
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end-to-end processes/solution matching
- Experience in sales and sales processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in German (C1 Level) and English
- Business level local language: expert
- Proven interpersonal and team skills at all levels and in multi-cultural environments
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Presales or Business Development
- Experience in:
- Consulting or sales with ambition to take the next step into presales and solution consulting
- Delivery of high volume short duration work packages
- Working in international teams
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.