Data Engineer (m/f)
Data Engineer (m/f)
Currently our customer is looking for a Data Engineer (m/f) in Vienna.
What are my tasks and responsibilities?
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional use-cases requirements
- Build the infrastructure and procedures required for optimal Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Build the data pipelines that support the data analytics aiming to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work alongside Data Scientists to productionalize advanced computer science algorithms based on statistical and machine learning models.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Sales, and Data Science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data access compliant with GDPR regulations within the company boundaries and the AWS data center.
- Design and implement data access restriction policies for the different stakeholders and company functions.
- Identify, design, and implement optimal data processing technologies and tools to strive for greater data lab functionality.
What skills do I need to qualify for this position?
- A Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with and designing relational databases, optimized query authoring, as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Ability to build processes supporting data transformation and cleaning, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Ability to assist in documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with heterogeneous datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Strong project management and organizational skills.
We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. He/she should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Relational and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Redshift.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and good understanding of ML/AI models requirements.
- Dynamic data visualization solutions.
What should I further know?
As a big international corporation we offer you interesting professional perspectives and development options as well as flexible working arrangements and further social benefits.