Senior SAP Developer/PP Analyst (m/f)
Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
The SAP Application Management Support Team provides support for our internal customers across Europe and Russia. The range of activities includes incident management and training as well as process design, implementation of change requests and support of our project teams during roll-out projects. Our system landscape consist of several systems using ECC 6.0, with ongoing activities in the area of S/4 HANA.
This position requires an analytical, experienced and motivated team-player with a strong SAP Logistics background, work ethic and integrity that will become a key part of the SAP Team. You should have good communication skills in English and German and have a strong desire to excel.
Knowledge in the Automotive Industry will be a major advantage. Besides a solid PP and ABAP development experience of at least 7 years you should also have a basic knowledge of other SAP modules like MM, SD and WM as well as experience in managing small projects.
Major responsibilities in the role of ABAP developer
- Create ABAP and ABAP OO based reports, i.e. user-exits, BADI's, dialog and report transactions
- Review development specifications and existing code implementations
- Provide effort estimations
- Coordinate the tasks of the external development team
- Consult for research and implementation assistance in regards to new modules, features or interfaced/integrated new products
- Time tracking and documentation according to Magna Global IT standards
- Develop and adhere to standards for design, coding, testing, change control, code deployment, software controls, configuration management, continuous integration, and trouble-shooting and root cause analysis of application problems
Additional responsibilities in the role of PP Analyst
- Provide day-to-day SAP end-user support for module PP
- Analyze business requirements and gaps not met by the existing systems / implementations
- Identify feasible solutions, create business blueprints and provide effort estimations
- Create development specifications
- Implement solutions using customizing and master data setup
- Support roll-out projects
- Assist in the coordination and collaboration with external consultants
- Ensure billing of your projects and changes
Knowledge and Education
- University degree in Business Information Technology or other comparable education
- Must have knowledge on ABAP and PP module and have a good understanding of manufacturing business processes
- Nice to have interface knowledge between PP and MM, WM and other modules
- SAPscript, Smartforms or Adobe Forms is a major plus
- ALE/IDoc and Batch-Input technologies
- Proficient in spoken and written English and German
- MS Office and Outlook experience
- A minimum of 7 years of working with SAP
- Experience in the Automotive Industry is desirable
Skills and Competencies
- Technical competence in SAP module PP, ABAP/4 and ABAP OO
- Cost awareness
- Works independently as well as a team player and manages own workload
- Creates a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge
- Is able to acquire new skills
- Collaborates with users, excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Evaluates risks and implications of implementing new solutions and assesses dependencies to other modules
- Uses teamwork to positively contribute to a high-morale/high-performance team culture, consulting attitude and strong personal integrity
- Project and Time Management skills, including flexible approaches in the coordination of available resources
- High external and internal service orientation, initiative, creativity, diligence, accuracy and social skills
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
- Home office (1 day per week) is possible
- Regular overnight travel 10-25% of the time
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 60.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.