Light for the World is an international disability and development organisation whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We enable crucial eye health services and help empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world.
Our programmes include:
- Eyesight – preventing blindness and promoting eye health for all
- Education – ensuring children with disabilities receive quality, inclusive education
- Empowerment – advocating for the health and rights of people with disabilities in their societies and within development efforts
We focus on the poorest and hardest to reach because that's where we will have the biggest impact. We create change through local people, organisations and structures because we want our impact to last.
We are in the process of expanding our Finance team and looking for a committed
Finance Officer (m/f)
full-time, based in Vienna
You will be part of our Finance hub in Vienna and work with colleagues around the world. You are the primary contact for the local accounting staff in our four country offices in Africa and, in this context, responsible for budgeting, monitoring and the preparation of quarterly/annual financial statements for the respective offices. You also take over budgeting and monitoring in the areas of programme coordination, international advocacy and our international advisors.
Your duties include the handling of invoices, international payment transactions and the reconciliation of accounts between our bookkeeping and our specialized project-monitoring software. You may also facilitate training sessions on topics such as general accounting and administrative systems for our local colleagues and you contribute to the capacity building efforts by assisting in the development of training materials and tools.
- Diploma in business administration with a major in Finance
- Relevant professional finance experience in an international setting
- Experience with consolidating financial reports would be advantageous
- Outstanding MS Office user skills, specifically in Excel
- Fluency in English and, ideally, German
- French or Portuguese language skills as a plus
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Good interpersonal skills and capable to work in a multi-cultural, diverse environment
- Interest in development cooperation and committed to Light for the World's mandate and values
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise and a growing profile. We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
The location of employment is Vienna; some international travel will be required. For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 39.200,- commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen.
We are looking forward to receiving your application latest by April 8th 2018. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool: https://www.light-for-the-world.org/work-with-us. A complete CV and an indication of your salary requirements are important parts of this. Please also let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD International
Mona Köhler, Niederhofstraße 26, A-1120 Vienna, Austria
We welcome applications from people with disabilities.