Head of Component Maintenance Services, Material, Cabin & Services (m/f)
We are the Technical Operations Division of Austrian Airlines. Around 800 professionals are responsible for performing all aircraft maintenance and aircraft engineering activities to support Austrian Airline's flight operation. We operate 365 days a year around the clock.
Support us to ensure the highest levels of safety, comfort and quality. Be part of a multicultural team, a fast learning community and a growing international organization.
Join our Team!
As Head of Component Maintenance Services, Material, Cabin & Services (m/f) you are responsible for the implementation of all commercial tasks related to Technical Fleet Management (TFM) in the area of Component Maintenance Services and Material, Cabin & Services according to the predefined Lufthansa Group standards. You ensure strategic and operational demand as well as contract management (continuous service) at the best possible cost, quality and delivery times. Besides you are responsible for the adherence of the overall budget for Component Maintenance Services, Material, Cabin & Services including cost reduction targets. You participate in the drafting of contracts for group-wide purchasing projects either in the lead or in collaboration with the Lufthansa Group Commercial & Development (Technical Fleet Management).
What are your responsibilities?
- Accountable for all commercial and sourcing aspects of Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) component services and material in general to ensure the airline obtains value for money at a high level of quality with the lowest costs of ownership
- Ensure that the contracting & and contract fulfillment of technical services and material is accomplished in accordance with data and quality standards and with the requirements of Part 145/Part M
- Manage spare parts availability and material supply in general, optimize operational stock levels and ensure efficient provisioning and appropriate replenishment processes (on-time material supply for all aircraft line maintenance events 24/7 and for the daily operation of component & front shops)
- Prepare, negotiate and implement contracts and select suppliers
- Develop and monitor performance management principles for service and material related contracts with the suppliers
- Manage existing agreements with suppliers to ensure the contract fulfilment and Austrian Airlines obligations throughout the contract
- Prepare and manage the corresponding budgets, financial reports and KPI´s of purchased goods and externally provided services
- Ensure full commercial transparency regarding the current and future services portfolio
- Lead and further develop the department and the individual employees (around 30) and ensure an efficient organizational structure and processes
- Coordination of remote non-disciplinary teams to ensure success in sourcing activities and strategies implementation.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures and support actively company initiatives for continuous process improvements
What are we looking for?
- Successfully completed university degree in engineering, economics or equivalent qualifications
- Several years of experience in the MRO environment and experience in procurement
- High level of leadership capability as well as proven experience in the implementation of interdisciplinary projects
- Proficient negotiation and supplier relationship management skills
- Strong social, management and communication skills as well as conflict-solving ability
- Very good German and English language skills written and spoken
- Unrestricted working permit for Austria
What are we offering?
- Interesting and diversified range of tasks at an Austrian top company
- Friendly working environment within a dedicated and charming team
- Diverse opportunities for development within Austrian Airlines and the Lufthansa Group
- The opportunity to get to know the world through attractive employee conditions
- Discounts for sports, shopping and leisure activities
- Free public means of transport (CAT, VAL) and employee car park
- All-day employee restaurant
For this position the gross annual salary is amounted to EUR 65,000 on full-time basis, including all possible allowances. An overpayment depends on your individual qualification and adequate professional experience.