The St. Anna Kinderkrebsforschung (CCRI) is an internationally renowned multidisciplinary research institution closely associated to the St. Anna Children's Hospital, a leading paediatric cancer centre in Austria. The paramount aim of the CCRI is to improve treatment outcome of malignant diseases in children and adolescents by performing basic, translational, and clinical research. Moreover, the CCRI entertains close collaborations with many other research and clinical institutions worldwide. Additional information regarding the CCRI can be found at http://science.ccri.at/.
We are looking for a
Project- / Network Manager
who will take over the management of a prestigious European Reference Network for diagnostics and treatment of paediatric oncology (PaedCan-ERN).
ERN PaedCan has been formally established in early 2017 by the European Commission following the Cross-Border Health Care Directive aiming to help national health systems cooperate in the interest of patients. The goal is to reduce inequalities in childhood cancer survival by providing high-quality, accessible and cost-effective cross-border healthcare for children and adolescents with cancer, regardless of where they live. ERN PaedCan will increase childhood cancer survival and quality of life in the long term by fostering cooperation, research and training, with the ultimate goal of reducing current inequalities in childhood cancer survival and healthcare capabilities across EU Member States.
The network currently unites 57 institutions from 18 European countries. “Share -Care -Cure” is the driving common motivation across Europe and beyond. In 2018 ERN PaedCan will further increase when the second call of the European Commission will allow new institutions to come on board following a thorough evaluation process supported by the ERN PaedCan management team.
ERN PaedCan implements eHealth technologies and facilitates cross-border consultations via the Clinical Patient Management System (CPMS) provided by the EC, to share expertise of rare conditions and give cross-border advice. By cooperating and exchanging life-saving knowledge at European level, patients across the EU will be able to gain access to the best expertise available. This network offers a platform for the development of guidelines, training and knowledge sharing.
To ensure that specialised knowledge and life-saving paediatric oncology treatments are broadly accessible, ERN PaedCan has started to create a roadmap of pan-European healthcare centres renowned for their expertise in treating paediatric cancer.
In 2018 and beyond this activities will be upscaled throughout the European Paediatric Oncology community (https://www.siope.eu; http://paedcan.ern-net.eu) to further widen the scope and to integrate updates as relevant. The interaction with the international members of the ERN community and all relevant stakeholders will require regular travelling.
Range of activities
As the manager of a European network of this dimension, you may build an outstanding career track. Apart from supporting the ERN coordinator, performing the day-to-day management of the network, compiling reports, be a central contact point for the network members, and organising network meetings, you will also actively liaise with a large medical community, policy-makers and governmental institutions throughout Europe. You will be embedded in an experienced research project management team, but carrying main responsibility for ERN PaedCan.
- Ideally you have an academic background in life sciences or in another medical-related field. Experience in clinical oncology is an advantage.
- You have sound experience in project management and at least some basic economic knowledge on budgeting and financial planning.
- You are familiar with monitoring the implementation of projects and reporting based on performance metrics.
- You are savvy about MS Office programmes such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to prepare and deliver presentations (PowerPoint or other) of high quality standards.
- You are able to run projects independently, carrying the responsibility for budget and timelines and you are an excellent team-player. We are seeking for an agreeable visionary personality with initiative, distinctive self-organizational talent and high social competence.
- You should be able to start functions as soon as possible.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in German and professional working proficiency in English is mandatory.
Please submit your application electronically, including cover letter, CV and list of references. Contact: Caroline Schmid, Personnel Management Email: email@example.com
The minimum salary for this position is