AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Simulation Method Development for advance damping materials for vehicle body
This thesis focuses on advance damping materials as a measure for efficient noise reduction. On the basis of given measurement, a simulation has to be developed. To reduce the noise in desired frequency range, selecting the correct material type and thickness is crucial. After the validation of the FEM model in this study, the next step is to develop an optimization process for the property and thickness definition in an engine application. The developed procedure will be integrated into the AVL standard process.
- Study different analytical models for absorber materials
- Forced response calculation of test model and validation (Finite Element Model)
- Develop an optimization strategy
- Apply and benchmarking of the method to known vehicle body components
- Updating workflow for the process
- Field(s) of study: mechanical engineering, technical physics
- Experience in dynamic and vibration (vibro-acoustics), is appreciated
- Language: English or German
- Finite Element Software Basic Knowledge
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.