AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Speed controller for mechanical rotating 3-Mass system
The target of the master thesis is to design a speed controller for a mechanical rotating three mass oscillator what represents typically the significant eigen modes of an engine testbed configuration.
- Process model available
- Analyses of current used control strategy
- Analyses of disturbance on the system
- State of the art and common used strategies
- Comparison of different control strategies
- Implement and try out on real plan
- Controller design based on available process model
- Electrical engineering – control and automation
- Controller design base on Matlab/Simulink
- Basic mechanical understanding
- Ability to execute verification measurements in cooperation with AVL
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.