Location: Austria - Orth an der Donau (Baxalta)
Category: Process Development Operations
About the position:
- Planning, execution, documentation and reporting of downstream development studies (e.g. Chromatography, Ultrafiltration, Centrifugation, Depth- and Nanofiltration)
- Data evaluation leveraging advanced statistics software (e.g. Minitab, MODDE, SIMCA)
- Expert contribution to overall process design, transfer and scale-up activities for drug substance manufacturing
- Effectively communicate findings to multi-disciplinary Process Development Teams
- Presentation of experimental results to internal and external partners
- Reviewing / authoring scientific papers
- Expert contribution to Process Risk Assessments (Quality by Design Systems)
- Contribution to new patent application
Skills you need:
- Master in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or similar.
- Scientific knowledge, especially in the field of protein science and purification
- Experience with Chromatography and Filtration (Ultra-, Nano-) process preferred
- Willingness to growth and share acquired knowledge with team members
- Willingness to work in wet lab (10-30%)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and multitasking.
- Expected to work independently with modest supervision, develop solutions to diverse challenges
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Excellent English skills
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees – our biggest asset – who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position is € 3.065,25 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.