Here, you will find the necessary facts and technical requirements to create your online advertisement.
- Lead times
- File formats
- Linking and clickthrough
- Close button
- Ad creation
Lead times for creative delivery
To ensure your campaign launches on time, we ask you to deliver your ads 3 business days prior to campaign start.
Please note that special advertising forms and special campaigns need a longer preparation time.
We support all established formats:
- Classic images, e.g. .jpg, .gif
- HTML5 and SVG
- Images for Promotion-Teasers and Sitelinks have to be delivered as classic, static images.
Please deliver your own HTML5 ad as embedding link, i.e. as URL of your index.html-file (main file).
Costs for hosting and streaming are not included in the depicted rates.
We ask for a protocol-relative delivery of your tracking pixel/ tag-in-tag ad URLs. For further information see derStandard.at/Umstellung-https.
If the advertising material is to communicate with other content on the page please contact Martin.Altersberger@derStandard.at.
You can find the pixel width and height of your desired ad format on our rate card.
Maximum file weights for advertising material:
- In general 80 kB (Kilobyte)
- Mobile ads 40 kB
- Teaser-images (Sitelink / Promotion-Teaser) 10 kB
An animation in the advertising material may loop up to three times, then stop.
Linking and Clickthrough
We automatically link classic images and click-count them.
Non classical file formats must include a click tag on delivery.
- HTML5: Please take a bearing on the IAB-Austria Specifications.
- HTML5 in the iPad app: please use the following script instead of the Java command "window.open(clickTag)":
var f = document.createElement('form');
Sound ads must provide one of these options (no autoplay):
- MouseOver: Sound is only active when a user moves the cursor over the ad and must stop as soon as the cursor moves away.
- Play button: Sound is only active when user intentionally clicks on the ad's sound button.
Upon request we can commission an agency to produce your ad for an extra charge.
Please take account of the following technical details:
- Video length: max. 30 seconds (min. 10 seconds)
- File formats: mp4, mov
- File size: max. 2 MB
- Max. 1 video per campaign
- Aspect ratio: The video player has a 16:9 ratio. If your video has a different ratio, the free space is filled with black bars (letterbox).
For questions please contact buchungen@derStandard.at.
The terms and conditions of der STANDARD Verlagsgesellschaft m.b.H. to be viewed on derStandard.at/GTCs apply. Subject to alterations. Typing errors reserved.