LIGHT FOR THE WORLD strives for a world in which people with disabilities in developing countries have a decent life, equally participate in society and have access to their rights. We focus on people with disabilities living in poverty, who are amongst the most excluded and underprivileged groups in society. Putting them at the centre of our development efforts will advance the removal of barriers for other excluded groups as well and bring about change towards an inclusive society.
To strengthen our highly committed and passionate team we are looking for a
Human Resources Manager (m/f)
based in Vienna, Austria
As an experienced Human Resources Manager you lead the global HR team and are responsible for the strategic direction of Human Resources closely linked to the organisations’ strategic objectives. You will be leveraging existing HR programs within the global organisation and further developing and implementing HR standards and policies. You keep an eye on best practices and key trends in HR and challenge the status-quo with the aim of meeting the requirements and needs of an international organisation. You partner and provide advice for the leadership team on all HR matters as well as on Organisational Development. You closely work with colleagues based in Vienna, across Europe and Africa and all your initiatives strongly support our collaborative organisational culture.
You deal quickly and confidently with local and international HR enquiries and guide and support operational HR tasks. You identify and prioritise training and development needs and assume responsibility for budget compliance. You further play a vital role in the strategic personnel planning and monitoring process.
- Senior level working experience in HR management in an international environment, ideally also non-profit sector experience
- Vast general knowledge in all HR disciplines with significant expertise in Recruitment, HR Development, Compensation & Benefits as well as Organisational Development
- A strong familiarity with Employment laws and HR related legal requirements; ideally explicit knowledge for the Austrian market
- Knowledge of introducing and/or maintaining HR software systems that respond to internal needs and meet reporting requirements
- Strong strategic thinking and leadership skills and well able to collaborate with colleagues across all organisational areas and countries
- Refined social and interpersonal skills and a good communicator with a convincing personality and hands-on mentality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Personal interest in international development and human rights and committed to LIGHT FOR THE WORLD’s mandate and values
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise and a growing profile. We are committed to giving our colleagues space to explore new directions, test new ideas and to excel as individuals through and with their team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing and put emphasis on our culture of learning.
The location of employment is Vienna; some international travel will be required. For this position an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 47.000,- commensurate with qualifications and experience is foreseen.
We are looking forward to receiving your application latest by October 8th 2017 online under https://www.light-for-the-world.org/work-with-us. A complete CV and an indication of your salary requirements are important parts of this. Please also let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD International
Mona Köhler, Niederhofstraße 26, A-1120 Vienna, Austria
We welcome applications from people with disabilities.