Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim's dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 250 scientists, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural biology, screening and pharmacokinetics, drive our efforts to identify novel medicines for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Human Cancer Immunology we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented scientist (m/f) with a strong background in human immunology or human cancer immunology to strengthen our team.
The scientist in the Human Cancer Immunology department provide immunological expertise and experimental support in all phases of drug discovery and development.
Team science, agility, accountability and intrapreneurship comprise the skills and mindset of a scientist we would like to welcome in our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and perform in vitro human based immune cell tumor cell co-culture systems as well as tumor explant systems to enable the pharmacological characterization of drug candidates for cancer immunotherapy
- Contribute to scientific projects to discover innovative immune-cell targeting drugs for cancer immunotherapy
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with external collaborators as well as other research teams and disciplines across a global discovery research organization
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 47,207.30 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD in biosciences with postdoctoral training and research experience in the fields of human cancer immunology or human immunology
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral experience
- Previous drug discovery experience in the areas of immunology or cancer immunology is an advantage
- Excellent team working, organizational and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific findings through a strong publication and presentation record