Senior Software Engineer (m/w)
Wir haben genau den Arbeitsplatz, den Sie suchen!
Our client develops advanced identity verification solutions for web and mobile with the aim of preventing fraud on a global scale. The software products allow the verification of IDs and credit cards in real time. The world’s leading technology companies such as Easy Jet, Coinbase, Mr Green, Airbnb and PokerStars are among the customers of our client.
You will get the chance to work within an international startup (recently winning ´Startup of the Year´ 2016 by SAP' // powered by Central European Startup Awards Impact Hub Vienna http://centraleuropeanstartupawards.com/national-winners-2016). Working with a small team where each and every member’s opinion matters.
The client’s global team has offices in Vienna, Linz, London, Palo Alto, Jaipur, Udaipur.
- Be part of a cross functional team to work on continuous improvement of the client’s systems with innovative technologies
- Collaborate closely with the team to get features working from requirements/analysis through the development process into the production environment
- Work with Product Managers to clarify and prioritize work, with QA Engineers to maintain and improve quality, and with DevOps engineers to support operational and troubleshooting work
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, evaluate new tools
- Define and use with your team best practices to produce new features in the most effective way while continuously improving quality of existing systems
- Solid experience with Java, Spring (Core/Boot/Security/MVC/Data), REST (principles and hands on experience with at least 1 framework), SQL (able to write performant queries against 100M+ tables), Git, Maven/Gradle, JPA, Design Patterns
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development.
- Experience with JNI & JNA development to support our Computer Vision team
- Ability to work with PM/QA/DevOps as equal partners throughout the whole lifecycle of the feature/product, from inception till operating & maintaining it
- Ability to write good quality & secure code, preferably be familiar with static code analysis tools
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and communications skills in spoken and written English.
- Willingness to learn constantly, and be capable of abstract thinking while having a structured approach to work with a hand son mentality
- Enjoying working in a self-organizing team environment
- Fast learner, high capacity for abstract thinking & structured approach to work plus a hands-on mentality & international mindset
Additional Skills (any of the following):
- AWS experience
- PostgreSQL experience, esp. performance tuning
- Experience with any of the following: docker, Kafka, microservice based architecture (hands on), Spring Cloud
- Deep knowledge of Java 8 features
- Additional knowledge of Python/C++
- Machine learning/Deep learning experience
- Our client offers an annual full time salary (38,5hr week) of minimum 60,000 - € gross with a possible overpayment depending on qualifications and experience
- A flat structure environment working in self managing, cross-functional teams
- Working with up to date technologies in a convenient environment with tools of your choosing (OS/IDE)
- A friendly, sunny office in Vienna with easy access via public transport
- An awesome team to work and enjoy lunchtime bbqs with
- Flexible working hours & learning & development opportunities
- Snacks, fruits, beverages
Neubaugasse 43/1, 1070 Wien