Art der Anstellung: Vollzeit
Computer Vision Expert (m/f) for 2D/3D Analysis at Corporate Technology (268877SS)
Together we are driving Austria forward
We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Corporate Technology (CT) works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. CT conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. CT also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
Join our team now in the Corporate Technology division at the research group “Active Vision Technologies Austria” as a Computer Vision Expert (m/f) in Austria, Graz.
The “Active Vision Technologies Austria” group uses mobile 2D and 3D sensor modalities and is working at the interface between creating and interpreting 2D and 3D data. Within the group, we cover the whole pipeline from recording and controlling the recording, via registration, georeferencing and 3D reconstruction up to interpreting and abstracting the data using machine learning methods and at each step scaling to large datasets is a major concern. The main focus is on transferring state-of-the-art research results to customer relevant applications, and also to some extent on fundamental research in the context of publically funded grants.
To strengthen our group we are looking for a Computer Vision Expert (m/f) in GRAZ with solid knowledge on computer vision and in particular machine learning. Within the role, problems like object detection, classification and semantic segmentation should be solved with current Deep Learning methods.
What are my responsibilities?
- Development and implementation of methods from computer vision, machine learning, image understanding and 2D/3D analysis
- Apply and broaden technical knowledge in the domain to solve computer vision tasks
- Extend and integrate computer vision components in existing software solutions
- Independent work with scientific literature
- Assist in national and international research projects as well as Siemens-internal projects
- Documentation and presentation of results
What is expected of me?
- Technical scientific education (Master / PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar)
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning, in particular deep learning
- Solid programming and development skills (e.g. C/C++, Matlab, Python)
- Design, implementation and evaluation of algorithms based on a description
- Experience on working with scientific literature
- Experience with MS Windows platform and development environment, ideally also Linux skills
- Solid English language skills, German would be a big asset
- Creativity and learning aptitude, team working skills and flexibility
- Enjoy working independently
- Innovative ideas and desire to implement them
- Experience with TensorFlow, Theano, Caffe, CUDA, OpenCV, PCL, STL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Object recognition using multimodal input data as well as representation of visual image content in combination with 3D geometry
- Knowledge in geoinformatics, remote sensing, projective geometry and 3D reconstruction
- Experience with MS development environments
- Linux knowledge
- Language skills: German / English advanced
What else should I know?
The salary for this position according to the Austrian “Kollektivvertrag” is at least EUR 43.100,- per year. Depending on education and experience a higher salary is possible. Siemens as a big corporation additionally offers further social benefits.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your representative online application!