Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim's dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural research, high-throughput screening and discovery ADME, drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Pharmacology we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented scientist (m/f) to serve as a Molecular Pathology Research Laboratory Head in the Biomarker and Translational Research Group in Oncology. The Biomarker and Translational Research Group contributes to the identification and validation of patient selection biomarkers as well as pharmacodynamic biomarkers in alignment with the respective project teams in research, preclinical and clinical development. Moreover the group is heavily involved in the characterization of the mode of action of novel cancer cell directed and immune-oncology drugs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead an experimental pathology laboratory that performs histopathological and molecular characterization of cancer disease relevant models and human samples to understand the target-disease link
- Design and pre-clinically validate fit-for-purpose IHC and other tissue-based assays
- Support the development of capabilities of the histopathology group, including multiplex assays and quantitative image analysis using digital pathology platforms
- Profile drug candidates to identify predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to support development of cancer cell directed and immunotherapies
- Provide scientific expertise for state-of-the-art oncology pathology biomarkers for discovery and early clinical development
- Coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across the global Discovery Research Organization
- Establish and manage external collaborations with academic partners and CROs, including evaluation of new technologies
- Assumes responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 47,207.30 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral training and/or research/clinical experience in the fields of tumor histopathology and molecular biology
- In depth knowledge of immunohistochemistry procedures including: tissue dissection, routine histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC), in-situ hybridization (ISH), and image capture of fresh, frozen and paraffin-embedded tissues and digital pathology approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, troubleshoot, present work and to show team leadership
- Good organization and communication skills