AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a master thesis:
Development of an interface between Shift Strategy Assessment Software based on the AVL Simulation Desktop and the Transmission Control Unit
An existing software for a shift strategy assessment based on Python should be extended to an interface to the in-vehicle Transmission Control Unit (TCU).
The aim of this thesis is to enable the Shift Strategy Assessment Software to directly communicate with the TCU to support calibration engineers.
- Development of an architecture for the interface of the Shift Strategy Assessment Software and various calibration tools (e.g. Inca, Canape, …)
- Design / structuring of the User Interface according to the possibilities and features of the AVL Simulation Desktop framework
- Analysis and implementation of retrieving/reading out data from the TCU (.a2l, .hex, .dcm)
- Development of a routine to transform data of the TCU for different Software Functional frameworks and exchanging it with the Shift Strategy Assessment Software
- Implementation of an assessment of the retrieved data with the Shift Strategy Assessment Software
- Development of a communication between the Shift Strategy Assessment Software and the TCU by load data into calibration tools
- Support of development
- Software engineering and Business
- Computer Science
- Information Computer Engineering
- Programming experience in Python
- Good command of English
- Independent, goal-oriented work
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is a one-time fee of EUR 2.500, - gross remuneration
Contact:DI Gerhard Kokalj
Skill Team Leader PC Transmission & Hybrid Calibration
Tel.: +43 316 787 2517