Steel Metallurgist (f/m)
Cosma International, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to our OEM customers.
For our business unit Engineering in Sailauf (Rhein Main Area/Germany) and Weikersdorf (Niederösterreich/Austria) we are offering an exciting job opportunity as our Global Engineering Specialist in the area of Steel Metallurgy.
- Global subject matter expert providing technical direction for steel metallurgy
- Engineering representation in discussion with our global customer subject matter experts
- New materials roadmap responsible
- Lead meetings with steel companies on new materials
- Initiate, direct and control specific projects and frequently report progress
- Material database responsible
- Provide technical support on production and quality related topics
Skills and competencies
- Master's or Diploma degree in Material Science and/or Metallurgy, Ph.D. is a plus
- Multiple years of relevant experience:
- Steel production including effects of alloys and secondary operations like heat treatments and coatings
- Understanding of effects and requirements related to forming and joining processes
- Material qualification as well as static and dynamic testing
- Knowledge of aluminum or other metals' metallurgy beneficial
- Supervisory experience in material related projects beneficial
- Willingness to travel across Europe and globally
- Fluent business English and German, other additional languages are a plus
For dedicated and motivated employees we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
We are looking forward to your meaningful candidature incl. salary expectations and earliest possible start date.
Magna Automotive Services GmbH, Engineering
Karin Jütte, Human Resources