Project Manager Procurement Freight & Logistics Services (m/f)
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
Magna Logistics is a division of Magna International. The task is the coordination of inter-plant logistics activities. These include, among others, the definition of standard processes and methods as well as the development and implementation of standard tools.
Ensuring efficiency and cost reduction in the area of supply chain engineering and transport management
- Use of synergies and "best practice sharing" in the field of supply chain engineering and transport management
- Ensuring cross-industry & group-wide standardization and harmonization of supporting systems, processes and methods in the areas of supply chain engineering and transport management
- Development of new processes, tools and software applications
- Optimization of transport networks (supply chain engineering)
- Tender management for freight and logistics services (RFQ/RFI)
- Benchmarking of freight rates
- Market analysis and trend studies
- Development of processes in the area of supply chain engineering,"-procurement freight and logistics services"
- Relationship management with service providers
- Support for Magna plants in case of escalation
- Support forecasting and budget planning process
Knowledge and Education
- Completed technical or commercial education preferred with a focus on logistics (Studies in the field of logistics or business management)
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the area of supply chain engineering, freight procurement or transport
- Leadership experience
- Experience in the automotive industry or transport service sector
Skills and Competencies
- Relevant professional competence
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Project management experience
- Experience with e-procurement platforms
- SAP knowledge is an asset
- Very good English language communication skills
- Profound German or Eastern languages communication skills are an advantage
- Presentation and communication capability
- Ability to work in team
- Strategic and entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Negotiation power and assertiveness
- Professional, sovereign appearance
For dedicated and motivated employees we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
Around 40% of normal working hours
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 50.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.