AVL is the world's largest independent company for development of powertrains (combustion engines, hybrid systems, electric drive) as well as simulation and test systems for passenger cars, trucks and marine engines.
We offer a bachelor thesis:
Automated Testing of a Dynamic GUI – Tool Evaluation
A well designed, performant, and intuitive user interface is often one of the most important aspects of modern software. GUI definition and interaction handling take up a large portion of code, so testing its behavior as the software is being developed is as important as testing the behavior of the backend. Correct and regular testing of complex software requires usage of an automated GUI testing tool. There is a number of such tools currently available on the market. To identify the most appropriate one for use in a dynamic environment, detailed evaluation has to be conducted using a standardized set of performance and integration metrics.
- Gather information about the currently available tools on the market
- Define relevant tool performance metrics and test cases
- Detailed evaluation of selected set of testing tools in a dynamic GUI
- Computer Science, Software Engineering and Management, Information and Computer Engineering
- Basic programming experience in C++ or C# (XAML, WPF is appreciated)
- Language: English or German
Remuneration: The successful completion of the bachelor thesis is a one-time fee of EUR 1.650, - gross remuneration
Contact:DI Majda Osmic
Development Engineer / Vehicle Racing
Tel.: +43 316 787 2291