Eurozine is a network of Europe's leading cultural journals, facilitating the exchange of texts, ideas and knowledge between 79 publications from 33 countries. In its online magazine eurozine.com, Eurozine publishes original texts and translations from the partner journals and other sources to reach an international readership.
Eurozine is seeking a
Network Projects Manager
for its office in Vienna who will support Eurozine’s management by independently implementing activities in relation to a major EU project (European Networks, 2017–2021), including reporting, controlling and evaluating.
Tasks and responsibilities
- setting up and implementing projects aimed at facilitating cooperation and exchange between cultural journals and other media in Europe
- communicating with stakeholders throughout the network of partner journals and Eurozine’s cooperation partners
- contributing to the organisation of the annual European Meeting of Cultural Journals
- developing the network’s community of practice live and online
- organising and carrying out webinars and other (online) training tools
- coordinating external research on cultural journals in Europe
- researching fundraising and advocacy opportunities for cultural journals
- carrying out other related tasks as the need arises
- proven interest in European culture
- work experience in project management, preferably EU and/or international projects
- very good English language skills both spoken and written, other European languages an asset
- knowledge and understanding of online collaboration, communication and training tools & technology
- team-working and networking abilities as well as presentation skills
- impeccable communication and intercultural skills
- creative problem-solving, organisational and planning skills
- strong interest and/or degree in project management, marketing, social sciences, event management or a related field
- experience in working with WordPress, OS X, online learning technologies, online conference systems, MS Office as well as other software
- availability to travel throughout Europe for meetings, conferences, and projects
Preferred starting date: June 2017
The position is fixed-term for four years (2017–2021, to be extended if the EU project is renewed), at 37h/week with a gross salary of 2,300 EUR per month (32,200 EUR p.a.).
Join a motivated and skilled team in an internationally renowned, not-for-profit organisation. Eurozine offers an intellectually stimulating, international working environment with opportunities to travel. The employment includes full social security coverage according to Austrian regulations.
Please send your CV and covering letter, including information about your earliest starting date, to Filip Zielinski, Managing Director, per email only (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include “Project Manager Job Application 2017” in the subject line.
Application deadline: 31 May 2017
For any questions, please contact Filip Zielinski: email@example.com