The Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property is the federal government’s central point of contact for patents, trade marks, geographical indications of source, design protection and copyright. It is financially independent and is a legal entity in its own right.
We provide services in the field of intellectual property for our diverse customer base consisting of patent attorneys, industrial enterprises, individual inventors as well as education establishments and research institutions.
To support our team within the discipline of ICT, we are seeking to recruit immediately or by agreement an
ICT Patent Information Specialist (m/f)
Your main tasks
Applying your expertise in the fields of patent information and ICT to provide services in the field of intellectual property to our customers at home and abroad. This includes, in particular:
- Independently carrying out patent and technology searches, mostly freedom to operate searches and validity searches
- Preparing patent analyses
- Examining patent applications
- Providing information on intellectual property
- A degree in natural sciences, preferably in communications engineering, computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering with a focus on information technology.
- Several years of experience in the field of patent searches, in particular searching databases for international standards.
- A broad knowledge of international patent law.
- An excellent knowledge of English as well as a very good knowledge of German or French (with a good knowledge of the other language); other languages an advantage.
- An independent, reliable, precise, pragmatic and analytical method of working.
- Accustomed to successfully prioritising many tasks and working on them in parallel.
You will have the opportunity to perfect your skills in the field of patent searches in a technically diverse and challenging environment, to broaden your specialist knowledge with regard to professional search engines and databases and – after having completed the necessary training – to actively participate in examining national patent applications. We also offer attractive conditions of employment as well as flexible working hours. You can find further information on the internet at www.ipi.ch and www.ip-search.ch.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of employers’ letters of reference, etc.) to the following address:
Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property, Mr Matthias Schmid, Deputy Human Resources Manager, Stauffacherstrasse 65/59g, CH-3003 Bern, direct line +41 31 377 75 73, email email@example.com, www.ige.ch.
We are looking forward to meeting you.