Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Event Manager (f/m)
FULL TIME (40H)
IST Austria strives to make the fascinating spirit of research accessible to children, teenagers and adults who are not actively involved in science on an everyday basis. To foster public engagement with basic science and to spread the fascinating spirit of research is a core task of IST Austria's administrative division Communications & Events. As part of the Events Team you will organize events related to the area of public outreach as well as science education.
- Planning and organization of public outreach formats, events and exhibitions
- Planning and organization of school projects and school collaborations
- Support of IST Austria's faculty in the implementation of science education measures
- Improvement of existing and creation of new ideas, formats and contents in the area of public outreach
- Planning and organization of various other events at IST Austria
- Event marketing and advertising of events via different channels (online and offline)
- Academic degree, ideally in natural or formal sciences
- Work experience in the above listed tasks, ideally in (tertiary) educational institutions
- Excellent command of English and German
- Strong team player with excellent communication and organization skills
- High degree of service orientation and hands-on mentality
- Experience in design software and in implementing marketing measures is advantageous
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,500 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.