Manager Customer Analytics with Focus on Data Engineering (m/f)
Austrian Airlines is Austria's largest airline and as a member of the Lufthansa Group part of the largest and most successful airline network in Europe. With more than 11 million customers in 2016, we are bringing more and more people into the world. To maintain and expand our market position, we are looking for employees with high qualifications, a lot of potential and the motivation to actively shape our growth and our future.
What are your responsibilities?
The Manager Customer Analytics with Focus on Data Engineering is responsible for the quality, consistency and accuracy of data across the company or Line of Business which is needed for analytical use cases.
- Preparation of data for analytical purposes
- Making sure the architecture (e. g. relational and non-relational databases) supports analytical requirements and business demands
- Set up and monitoring of processes to deal with and solve data related problems
- Coordination and execution of needed processes and governance procedures to accurately define and ensure data quality
- Responsible for definition, utilization and monitoring of data quality management mechanism/tools
- Measurement of data KPIs
- Ongoing management/maintenance of (statistical) models; monitoring, optimization and extension of statistical models at scale
- Preparation of reports and presentations for senior staff and relevant stakeholders that will give insights for departmental as well as business wide decision making
- Knowledge Management that is needed to understand and maintain analytics data environment
What are we looking for?
- Successfully completed academic studies of information systems, mathematics, machine learning or other technical/scientific studies
- Previous work experience in Data Science with focus on data quality or Data Engineering
- Exposure to Business Data Domains like Customer Data Management is a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Strong experience in underlying foundational data, data warehouses, and business intelligence systems
- Experience in relational and unstructured data environments (e.g. SQL, noSQL, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Understanding of and first experiences with advanced analytics techniques
- Analytical thinking
- Self-driven and fast learner, eager to work with new technologies
- Collaborates well with others and high willingness to learn
- Good communication skills and ability to work in cross cultural environments
What are we offering?
- Interesting and diversified position
- Pleasant working environment at an Austrian top company
- Professional corporate structures with many opportunities for development
- The opportunity to get to know the world about attractive employee conditions
- Free public means of transport (CAT, VAL)
- Employee restaurant
The yearly gross salary for this position starts at EUR 33.500,- and depends on your individual education and adequate professional experience.
This position is a limited contract for the duration of 2 years.