SAP Academy for Sales
Requisition ID: 125461
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 60%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Start dates: September 2017
Purpose and Objectives
SAP customers represent 98% of the top 100 most valued brands in the world.
Are you ready to become part of SAP’s next generation sales force?
We are looking for highly communicative self- starters with a passion for public speaking and who are eager to learn and creative.
After completing our 8-month Academy for Sales program successfully, you will start your career in one of SAP’s quota carrying sales roles for example selling to various lines of business and industries and selling innovative solutions including the Cloud portfolio.
A tenured sales executive typically
- Drives software revenue to achieve business goals and sales quota
- Establishes territory and/or account strategies leveraging targeted sales plays
- Identifies opportunities with existing customers and/or new prospects
- Focuses relentlessly on Demand Generation activities
- Leads a virtual account team
- Builds relationships and networks internally, with customers, prospects and partners
What is the Academy for Sales?
The program consists of a total of 2 six week periods of classroom learning in California in a world class global training center, and 4 months of learning on the job with sales mentors. Your experience with SAP will start with 6 weeks of onboarding in your local SAP office in your home market unit.
Throughout the program, you will build the foundations needed for success in the sales profession. Our experiential learning includes Role Plays, Presentations, Case Studies, White Boarding, Executive Communications and Team Competitions.
The Sales Academy teaches the latest innovative solutions, selling techniques and customer engagement strategies. Innovative learning methods include Design Thinking, Pod Coaching, Insight Storytelling, Gamification, and Social Selling, among others.
Expectations and tasks:
As part of an experienced account team, your tasks during the program will include:
- Contribute to the creation of territory business plans
- Build pipeline through the identification of opportunities and generation of leads (e.g. via social selling, executive prospecting, cold calling, etc)
- Maintain CRM system and contribute to your account team’s forecasting
- Organize and drive customer events
- Take active role during customer visits (such as demos, strategy whiteboard)
- Coordinate VAT (Virtual Account Team) and other experts within SAP or the SAP ecosystem to establish strategy for the team’s territory, prospects and customers
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Preference will be given to graduates with a Sales related degree or concentration in Business Administration, Marketing & Communications and Business Logistics (SCM)
- Fluent in English and local language, written and spoken
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular, extra-curricular activities and athletics
- Strong communication skills including an aptitude and passion for public speaking
- Creative and resourceful self-starters with strong interpersonal skills who are eager learners
- Possess a strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced sales organization
- Relationship oriented possessing an aptitude for quickly creating and nurturing connections with others
- Multi-dimensional experiences in 2 or more of the following areas: global experience, study abroad, leadership role, entrepreneurial/self-starter, volunteerism, music, and/or other relevant extracurricular pursuits
- Demonstrated sales proficiencies in 2 or more of the following areas: persuasive, passionate, curious, collaborative, strong listening skills, presence, empathy
- Demonstrated intellectual maturity in 2 or more of the following areas: problem solving, tough mindedness, resilience, can do/make it happen attitude, open minded, ability to manage pressure
- Maximum of 5 years of work experience in a sales environment
- Proven record of customer facing sales success and direct quota-carrying experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and industry trends (Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Professional Services, Retail etc.)
- Relevant projects that demonstrate your communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong work ethic that delivers high quality deliverables
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: SAP, ERP, Marketing Communications, Communications, Sales, Technology, Marketing