Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a cell biology research laboratory with highly motivated and qualified lab scientists
- Establish in vitro immunological assays to enable the discovery of novel targets for cancer immunotherapy and profiling of drug candidates
- Lead scientific projects to discover innovative immune-modulating biological drugs for cancer therapy
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across a global Discovery Research organisation
- As a member of a global expert working team contribute to the proposal and evaluation of new therapeutic drug concepts for cancer immunotherapy
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Establish and manage external collaborations
- PhD in biosciences with postdoctoral training and research experience in the fields of cancer immunotherapy, immunology, or tumor biology
- At least 3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Previous drug discovery experience in the areas of cancer immunotherapy or therapeutic antibody discovery is an advantage
- Excellent team working, leadership and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific findings through a strong publication record
Our CultureBoehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates globally through 145 affiliates and a total of some 50,000 employees. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. In 2015, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 14.8 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 20.3 per cent of net sales.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities.