We are Austria's largest Research and Technology Organisation and an international player in the research areas that we cover. This makes us a leading development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Applications are invited for a:
PhD Thesis "Bioinformatics methods for prediction of kidney transplant survival"
50% of kidney transplants are lost within ten years. This is mainly driven by chronic antibody-mediated rejection (ABMR). Epidemiological data suggests a significant contribution of antibodies directed against mismatches, but clinical significance remains unclear. Using a systems biology approach to integrate novel multi-omics data sets into a predictive model of transplant outcome, we will be able to better match donor/receptor kidney transplant candidates.
The PhD Thesis will be done in collaboration with the Medical University of Vienna (Prof. Rainer Oberhauser) and Center for Molecular Medicine & Medical University (Prof. Christoph. Binder).
- Analyzing peptide and protein chip data
- Development of bioinformatics pipelines for LoF and nsSNPs identification
- Creating methods for selecting/screening epitopes for peptide arrays
- Establishing a data platform for integration of factors leading to kidney organ rejection
- Master in bioinformatics, computational biology, computational chemistry or related field
- Knowledge about protein structures, protein interactions, epitope prediction, variant annotation
- Experience with programming languages and Linux command line tools
- Know-how in data analyses and data integration
Duration: 3 Years
AT least € 2.045,10 gross for 30 hours per month standard personnel salaries for FWF project proposals.